Customer Service Representative (Thunder Bay)
Purpose of the position
This dynamic, multi-faceted position will be primarily responsible for providing a high level of customer-focused service. You will handle various inbound and outbound customer requests with speed, efficiency, empathy and care by effectively using our reservations system to service both existing and prospective customers. Additional assignments to the main terminal for counter duties may also be required to check-in schedule flight passengers and process reservations.The agent will be in constant communication with SOCC, Reservations, ramp operation crews and any other relevant personnel to ensure North Star Air’s mission to provide Safe, Affordable and Reliable Service.
Responsibilities & duties
• Ensure excellent customer services when handling customer calls/inquiries; making/changing reservations, collecting payment; providing quotes and in any other customer situation
• Contact customers regarding upcoming bookings, required purchase orders or monies due in a professional and courteous manner
• Answering Flight Status updates
• Perform and uphold North Star’s Customer Service Standards to both internal and external customers
• Any other related duties as assigned
Skills & qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent is an asset
• Previous shipping and receiving experience is an asset
• Previous reservations and travel agency experience is an asset
• Knowledge of filling out waybills is an asset
• Able to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Basic mathematical skills
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset
• Ability to lift up to 70lbs; Repetitively
• Overtime as required
• Weekend work may be required
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject line "Customer Service Representative" to:
North Star Air
1480 Walsh St W
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6H6
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank You for your interest.
North Star Air is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.