Internal IT Support is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. IT Support is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the IT ticket-tracking system.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Level 1 and 2 support of the voice and data network
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software support, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, workstation configuration and deployment etc.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other methods of communication.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Assist the IT Specialist by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- Where necessary, assist network technicians in installing network interface cards, switches, network cabling, and so on.
- Accurately log work orders/IT tickets and resolutions into IT software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Prioritize work orders/IT tickets according to severity.
- Conduct timely repair of IT equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Use IT log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- After hours support on a rotating shift basis.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years’ experience in IT preferred.
- Previous experience working with Avaya phone systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer and network problems.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to remote sites, including out of province and air travel.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Ability to work on-call when out of office.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to physically inspect equipment.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
- North Star Air Ltd. offers competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates.
Please note that applicants for this position must have current eligibility to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity. While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact directly those applicants under consideration for interview.
If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume to:
North Star Air
1480 Walsh St W
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6H6
Subject: Junior System Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Class G or better Driver's Licence
North Star Air is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.