This dynamic, multi-faceted position serves as the vital link between commercial services and flight operations for charter and cargo related business. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing customers sales information, including aircraft capabilities and pricing. Additionally, they must ensure pre-flight planning is in place, including ground equipment, catering and other special requests. Coordinators will maintain clear lines of communications with flight crews, reservations, charters, cargo, maintenance and customers as required regarding daily operations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide timely charter and cargo quotations, including aircraft capabilities and pricing.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure timely payments for trips.
- Anticipate and plan ground service requirements.
- Formulate and execute irregular operation recovery plans
- Follow up with customers to ensure service levels are met
- Liaise with flight crews, base managers and northern stations to ensure smooth operations.
- Liaise with customers regarding ETAs
- Perform and uphold North Star’s Customer Service Standards to both internal and external customers
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills & qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Required)
If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume to:
North Star Air
1480 Walsh St W
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6H6
Subject: Cargo Coordinator
North Star Air is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.